No apologies this time for being a bad blogger. I am a pretty good mommy (i hope), but obviously not a very good blogger. And if you're out there and you are still looking at this blog. Please, shoot me a message. I mean I'm not sure anyone except Grammy Pam is still looking at this thing.
Last week we travelled to the beautiful garden isle of Kauai. Our first real family vacation. Just the 3 of us headed somewhere with no relatives, no weddings, no friends to visit. And we had some fun! Nora Jane really loved it. On a personal note it was so wonderful to go some place that I enjoyed as a little kid and watch my kid enjoy it. Not to be sappy, but it was a real circle of life moment for this mommy. For a long time I've jokingly referred to Hawaii (but especially Kauai) as my happy place. This trip pretty much cemented that feeling. So happy. Nora Jane loved the beach. She really enjoys playing with her sand toys and saying "sand toys"- she also loved "swimmin" with her daddy in the ocean. Poipu beach has this great area where there is a rock wall that creates almost a baby pool for the kiddos. She never wanted to get out of the water and reminded me so much of her Aunties. Below are some pictures of the beach.
4 comments:
You have many loyal readers in SF and Rachel and I were eagerly awaiting Hawaii pics!
her aunties were never forced into the opressive hat...
You are a great mommy.
That hat is not oppressive.
Post a Comment